Getting up first thing in the morning can be a bear and downright stressful if you don’t plan it with care. These seven healthy, stress reducing, and experiential-building habits will help you greet your day.
- Start your day by waking up 10 minutes earlier than you need to. Begin your day relaxed and in control of your time.
- If you need to wake before sunrise, consider using an illuminating, daylighting alarm clock. This wonderful invention makes getting up early so much easier and can turn an unnatural act like getting up before dawn into a normal stress-free action. Check out this video blog in which I discuss and demonstrate my daylighting alarm clock.
- Take a minute to do light, gentle stretches in bed. Eyes open, eyes closed. Either way, extending your arms and legs will further allow your consciousness to rise to the surface and get you ready for your day.
- If you share your bed with another, smile gently and kiss your bedpartner with love and gratitude.
- Sit up and with your eyes closed, envision your day. Create, design, orchestrate. In a meditative trance, tell yourself how your day will unfold. Be sure to tell yourself that you are in perfect health. Decide to meet a new interesting person on this day or hear from an old friend. Decide what will happen, but leave the when and how to your spirit.
- After getting up, start your day by drinking a glass of purified water. I add 1 ounce of apple cider vinegar and a squirt of lemon juice to take advantage of the health benefits associated with this tonic. Consider sipping your drink with a metallic straw to save your teeth from the repetitive acidic exposure.
- Bathe, groom, and take care of your body. Be kind to yourself and love yourself into your day. As you dress, consider how your day will be a playing field for new opportunities and experiences.
Start your new regimen tomorrow! It’s a new year and a perfect time to start new healthy habits.
Have a blessed day!